How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically designed Click Wheel where you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user regarding modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software or hardware. Numerous firmware that provides iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people use iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology abilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic equipment in your house. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are required before starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR device
The following treatment guides you through entering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not function properly if you missed this important step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any house electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is obviously very easy to understand. Softwares are already available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely dangerous with regard to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by an expert technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.