How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area offered of up to forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically developed Click Wheel in which you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a method that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in terms of personalization and customization of the Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Different firmware that provides iPod hacks, are available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology capabilities have actually provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any house electronic equipment in your home. It can control your television, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required prior to beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through entering your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial aspect in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you want to manage.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not operate appropriately if you missed this important step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any house electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is certainly really simple to understand. Software applications are already readily available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely risky with concerns to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless handled by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.