How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area available of up to forty gigabytes that it can store up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically developed Click Wheel in which you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a method that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in terms of customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in regards to look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Different firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals utilize iPod hacks since they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology capabilities have provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any house electronic devices in your house. It can manage your tv, DVD player, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important element in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you want to control.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not function appropriately if you missed this important step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any house electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly extremely easy to comprehend. Software applications are currently readily available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very risky with regard to its impacts on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is wrong.